I’m not a big fan of banana cake, but I wanted to try something new and I liked the idea of combining banana and honey. I often make carrot cake so I was looking towards a similar recipe.
I decided not to decorate although if I did I think butter cream would do. The cake is light and airy though and very sweet. I’m sure it really needs anything else.
- 150g self-raising flour
- 70g castor sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50g clear honey
- 2 ripe bananas
- pre-heat oven to 160C/gas mark3
- grease the cake tin (20cm) and line with baking parchment
- whisk caster sugar and eggs together in a bowl, they need to be light and fluffy so about 5-10 minutes.
- add the honey into the batter while whisking
- slowly drizzle the oil into the batter while whisking
- sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into the mixture
- fold into the batter carefully
- mash the bananas and fold carefully into the batter
- pour batter carefully into cake tin
- bake in oven for 35 – 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean